V-dub is most definitely "in da haus," in a big way. We'll provide you with more info over the next couple of days of all of the changes going on around the stadium. You've read about the VW Garage behind the north goal and the new VW Lounge.. tomorrow, we'll bring some photos your way.
There's a ton of DCU-VW stuff floating around out there, so here are a few quick links from around the world wide webs..
Our favorite, Dan Steinberg of D.C. Sports Bog, was out in full force today. He is able to churn out a ton of great writing in a very short amount of time - and it's all hilarious. From today:
- VW Comes to RFK
- Heidie and VW and the Jersey
- Quavas Kirk is Black Thunder (no joke, he really is)
- United Players are Excited
- One Last Bit of VW Propaganda
Yes, that's a bit overwhelming, but it will be worth your time. Additionally...
- Steve Goff writes about the VW press conference and has some news and notes from training on Soccer Insider.
- Charlie Boehm says Volkswagen is a good fit for the four-time MLS Cup champs at dcunited.com.
- Dave Lifton has audio of the press conference and a few other notes at Screaming-Eagles.com.
- As previously mentioned, there are a ton of photos of the guys in the new kits from a photo shoot we did last week. See them here.
Also, check back later tonight, as we'll have some video of the presser for you which will include comments from a few players.
Finally, finally, finally.. last item. Did you hear that Volkswagen is picking up the parking tab for all fans this Thursday night? That's right, complimentary parking for all at the United-Fire game, which is set to kick-off at 7:30 p.m. Along those same lines, look for the full page ad in the Washington Post tomorrow... V-dub is in da haus.
UPDATE: Shoot. We forgot to tell you earlier today that Santino Quaranta will be on Comcast SportsNet's program Washington Post Live today at 5:15. If you miss that one, check out the replay at 11 p.m. tonight. We'll try to get video of it for you tomorrow in case you miss it (I guess I lied about the complimentary parking being the last item. I'm very sorry).