Welcome to D.C. United’s A to Z Guide – your comprehensive resource for everything related to D.C. United and RFK Stadium. For questions about information that is not found here, please feel free to contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessible Seating: Seating is available on the 200 level and the 300 level. For accessible seating accommodations, please contact our sales team at 202-587-5466.
Advertising: See Corporate Partnerships
Alcohol Policy: D.C. United and Centerplate promote the responsible sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Guests should be prepared to show proper identification and proof of age when purchasing alcohol at RFK Stadium. All guests are expected and encouraged to drink responsibly. All alcohol sales will stop in the 65th minute of the match, or at the discretion of D.C. United and RFK Stadium management.
Animals: Certified service animals or service animals in-training, for guests with disabilities, are welcome at RFK Stadium. All other animals are prohibited.
Autographs: Random D.C. United players are chosen to sign autographs on field level after every regular season home game. At the completion of the game, fans are encouraged to make their way down to the first few rows of sections 101-106 and 113 &114 of the seating bowl to have an opportunity to receive an autograph. Fans should be respectful of both the players and the other patrons at all times. Autographs are not guaranteed.
Automated Teller Machines (ATMs): Automatic Teller Machines are located in the following areas:
- 200 level behind section 207 (nearest to Gate A)
- 300 level behind section 318, near the Official Team Store
Baby Changing Stations: Baby changing stations are located inside of many of RFK Stadium’s restrooms. Exact locations are coming soon!
Bags and Backpacks: Guests may not bring hard containers or coolers into RFK Stadium. No bags larger than 16” x 16”x 8” will be allowed in to the stadium. All bags are subject to inspection. Please see the prohibited items list for a comprehensive listing of items not permitted in to RFK Stadium.
Ball Kids: D.C. United has twelve (12) ball kids for each home game. Their main job is to make sure there is always a ball on the field for the players. For more information about how to become a D.C. United Ball Kid, please contact 202-587-5000. Be sure to ask to be connected to a group sales representative.
Banners: Banners and Tifo are allowed within RFK Stadium. Banners of abnormally large size must be pre-approved by the D.C. United Front Office.
Bicycles: Bicycles are not permitted within RFK Stadium. However, D.C. United offers bike racks at various points around the stadium, as well as in the Lot 8 tailgate area, for fans bicycling to the game.
Bottles and Cans: Glass, metal, or plastic containers of any kind are not permitted into RFK Stadium. Fans will be permitted to bring in one factory-sealed bottle of water, per person, during heat advisories ONLY. D.C. United will notify fans during heat advisories.
Box Office: D.C. United’s main box office is located at Main Gate behind section 317. It is only open on game days from 12:00pm-9:00pm for a regular 7:00pm game. Guests can also purchase tickets on game days at the following locations;
- Ticket trailer outside of Gate A - opens two hours prior to kickoff.
- Ticket trailer outside of Gate F - opens two hours prior to kickoff.
- Tickets for future games, as well as season tickets, are available at the Customer Service Center located on the 300 level behind section 307. The Customer Service Center is open from the time gates open through the end of the match.
Cameras & Video Equipment: Guests are permitted to bring cameras and video equipment into RFK Stadium, provided they are intended for personal use only. Professional and commercial grade cameras are not allowed in the stadium. Only credentialed media members are permitted to bring cameras with a lens longer than eight (8) inches, monopods, or tripods inside the stadium. Guests are not permitted to obstruct others from viewing the game while taking photographs.
Children: Children ages two (2) and under are not required to have a ticket to enter D.C. United games. If attending without a ticket, they must sit on the lap of an accompanying adult. If a child is the age of three (3) or older, they must have a ticket.
Community Relations: D.C. United is committed to “Winning Championships, and Serving the Community.” The team gives back to the community through a number of initiatives, benefiting many organizations and worthy causes. The United Builds and United Drives programs provide the team's players, staff, and fans the opportunity to volunteer or donate to benefit local non-profit organizations, while the Good Sport Program operates on D.C. United game days to promote the importance of using a designated driver. MORE INFO
Coolers and Hard-Sided Containers: Coolers and hard-sided containers are prohibited at RFK Stadium. See our list of Prohibited Items for further information.
Concessions and Food Service: Centerplate operates the food and beverage services at RFK Stadium. There are concession stands located throughout the stadium serving a variety of food and drink. For more detailed information relating to stadium concessions, please visit the Concessions page.
Customer Service: For assistance with any customer service issues, fans can e-mail email@example.com. Our customer service team is also available throughout the game to assist with any guest-related issues.
Designated Driver Program: Good Sport, presented by Budweiser, is the Designated Driver program of D.C. United. D.C. United and Budweiser would like to remind all fans to please drink responsibly, and always have a designated driver. Individuals who sign up will receive a voucher for a free fountain soda. Visit our Good Sport kiosk behind section 209 to sign up for a chance to win additional prizes.
Disabled Guest Services:
- Parking: Parking for persons with disabilities is available in all public lots and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Vehicles are required to display valid, government-issued disabled tags or placards. All parking fees apply.
- Tickets: RFK Stadium and D.C. United offer several disabled seating locations. Seats may be purchased in advance, or on game days at the Box office window at Main Gate. For assistance, guests can call (202)-587-5466 and ask for disabled seating assistance.
- Restrooms: All restrooms at RFK Stadium are disabled accessible.
- Wheelchair Service: Wheelchair escort service is provided by our Guest Services team. To receive a wheelchair escort service, you may do one of the following:
Contact the Guest Services offices prior to game day at (202) 587-5430.
On game day, contact the Guest Services Fan Hotline at (202)-608-1184.
Contact a Guest Services Gate Supervisor upon arrival at the stadium.
Stop by the Guest Services window located behind section 307.
Discounts: Ticket packages are available throughout the year, and each package varies in price and ticket amount. Be sure to stay updated with our latest ticket packages on sale at dcunited.com or by calling our customer service team at 202-587-5466.
Donations: D.C. United and United for D.C. accept charitable donations through a number of programs. For more information on how to donate tickets, meals, and other items please visit our website at www.unitedfordc.org.
Elevators: For the convenience of our guests, there are two (2) sets of elevators at RFK Stadium. Elevators are located at the following locations:
- Behind section 210 on the main concourse level
- Behind section 208 at the Gate A Administrative Office entrance
Emergency Evacuation: In case of emergency, D.C. United personnel are trained and instructed to help guests evacuate RFK Stadium in a timely and orderly progression. We ask fans to remain calm and follow any and all instructions from D.C. United personnel, as well as the PA announcer.
Employee Recognition: D.C. United is committed to providing a great fan experience for all of our guests, and we welcome feedback regarding our game day staff. To recognize a staff member for their service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Entering RFK Stadium: For the safety and protection of all D.C. United fans, everyone will be subject to a thorough search of any and all bags/purses that fit the requirements to be allowed into the stadium. Any prohibited items will be identified upon entry.
Fan Mail: All letters should be addressed to a specific player or coach, so they can reach the intended recipient. Fans should note that players and coaches receive a large amount of fan mail, and D.C. United does not guarantee that a player or coach will respond to any requests or letters.
Coach or Player Name
2400 East Capitol Street SE
Washington, D.C. 20003
Field Trespassing: Any fan seen or caught attempting to enter the field of play, or throw objects toward a player or coach before, during, or after the game will be subject to criminal prosecution and any associated fines.
First Aid: The two (2) First Aid stations are located by our Customer Service Center on the 300 level behind section 306, as well as in the concourse behind section 225. Any fan in need of first aid is urged to contact D.C. United Guest Services staff for assistance.
Food and Beverage: Outside food and beverages are prohibited inside of RFK Stadium. Special exceptions will be made for small children or individuals with specific food allergies. Any questions about outside food and beverage should be directed to our Guest Services team. For more information about food and beverage offerings at RFK Stadium, please visit the Concessions page.
Gate Locations: RFK Stadium has several locations of gates that may be used for entry and exit. Main Gate is located off of East Capitol Street, with direct access to the Stadium/Armory metro stop. Gate A is located in front of Lot 5 VIP parking. Gate B is the designated gate for any and all supporter groups bringing in banners, pre-approved poles, musical instruments, and tifo. Gate F is located by Lot 4, with access to Independence Avenue from the parking lot exit.
Gate Opening Times: Gates will open one (1) hour prior to kick-off for all D.C. United home games.
Guest Assistance: Guests who wish to report issues and concerns, ask for information, or call for assistance in a fast, easy, and convenient way can do so by sending a text to our GuestAssist text message service. Please text 78247* with the word DCU followed by your message and your location. You may also text 202-559-0224* (you can even add the number to your phone as a contact for ease of use), or call our game day Guest Services Fan Hotline at 202-608-1184. *Message rates may apply
Guest Services: Guest Services is located on the 300 level behind section 307. It is open when RFK Stadium’s gates open until 30 minutes following the end of the match. Services offered at the Guest Services booth:
- Child I.D. wristbands
- Disabled fan accommodations
- Emergency assistance
- General information
- Guest comment forms
- Lost and found
- Wheelchair service
Please see the Guest Services page for more detailed information.
Hospitality areas: D.C. United and RFK Stadium offer several hospitality areas for the pleasure of our fans.
- Champions Club: The Champions Club is a Season Ticket Holder exclusive area located on the 300 level between sections 301-338. The area offers a variety of unique food and beverage options, as well as a D.C. United Team Store kiosk and activities for kids. This open-air hospitality area is great for taking in the game, or for a quick visit prior to kickoff.
- D.C. United Hospitality Tent: The D.C. United Hospitality Tent is located on field level, behind the goal of the scoreboard section of the field. It is an ideal indoor-outdoor space with close proximity to the field of play. Access to this area is for field level ticket holders only.
D.C. United's Official Team Hotel:
1143 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20037
Housekeeping: Gali Service Industry (GSI) manages all janitorial services at RFK Stadium. Our cleaning company ensures that RFK Stadium is maintained for all guests utilizing the facility. To report a spill or other janitorial problem, please see the nearest Guest Services staff member, or utilize the GuestAssist text message system to anonymously contact a Guest Services employee.
Injury Disclaimer: All ticket holders will assume all risk for injury incidental to the game of soccer or other related activities. These activities can occur before, during and after the actual game.
Lost and Found: Guests who need to claim or report lost items during a game should visit Guest Services on the 300 level behind section 307. Lost items will be kept for 30 days. After 30 days, items will be discarded and/or destroyed if containing sensitive information. Guests may contact lost and found at 202-587-5465 to inquire about and/or retrieve lost items. Lost and found is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.
Lost Children and Guests: Lost children and guests should be taken to Guest Services, located on the 300 level behind section 307.
- D.C. United offers child wristband services, which includes the option for children to have their seating location and emergency contact information with them at all times. For more information, inquire at the Guest Services booth behind section 307 on game day.
Lot 8 Tailgate Area: Coming soon!
Mascots: The beloved mascot of D.C. United is Talon the fearsome, yet lovable eagle. Talon roams the field and stands throughout the game rallying the crowd for D.C. United.
Merchandise and Apparel: Fans can purchase D.C. United related material at any of the official D.C. United Team Store kiosks, or in the D.C. United Team Store located by the entrance of Main Gate behind section 317.
- Kiosks are located in the concourse at sections 204, 210, 232, inside of the Champions Club, at Main Gate, in the Lot 8 Tailgate Area and between sections 201 and 237 in the concourse.
The hours of operation for the D.C. United Team Store are:
Game day: 3.5 hours before kick-off until 30 minutes following the game.
Nursing Mothers: A mother has the right to breast feed her child in any public or private location where the mother and child are authorized to be present. Nursing mothers and children are encouraged to use one of the first aid stations if looking for a private location.
Offseason: D.C. United’s box office is closed during the offseason. If interested in Season Tickets or ticket packages during the offseason, please contact our ticket sales department at (202) 587-5000.
Outside Food and Beverage: Outside food and beverage is prohibited at RFK Stadium. For information regarding food and beverage options inside of the stadium, please visit our Concessions page.
Paging: Guests will only be paged by the public address system in the event of an emergency. Requests for paging guests attending the game should be directed to Guest Services, on the 300 level behind section 307.
Parking: RFK Stadium parking lots open four (4) hours prior to the start of the game. On the day of a D.C. United home game, parking is $20.00 (cash only). All buses, limos and RVs will be directed to enter lot 7 or lot 3 and will be charged $45.00. Parking lots will be cleared no later than one hour after the end of the match. Please see the parking map for more details about different parking options at RFK Stadium.
Private Suites: D.C. United offers suite options for parties of various sizes. If you are interested in purchasing tickets for a suite, please contact us 202-587-5000.
Police and Security: For the safety of all D.C. United guests, police and security are stationed throughout RFK Stadium’s seating bowl, concourse, and field level areas. Guests are urged to notify security personnel in the event of any emergency.
Prohibited Items: For the safety and security of our guests, the following items are not permitted in to the facility:
- Weapons, flares, or fireworks of any kind
- Illegal substances, drugs, or chemicals of any kind
- Any missile/projectile-like objects
- Metal, plastic, glass, or aluminum containers of any kind
- Backpacks and large bags that exceed 16” x 16” x 8”
- Poles and staffs of any kind (metal, plastic, or wooden)
- Any outside food and beverage
- Hard-sided coolers or containers of any size
- Professional cameras and equipment, including lenses in excess of eight (8) inches, tripods, and monopods
- Animals (except services animals)
- Frisbees or inflated balls of any kind
- Whistles, vuvuzelas, or air horns of any kind
- Laser pointers
Public Transportation: RFK Stadium is located at the Stadium-Armory station on Metro’s blue and orange lines. MetroRail hours of operation, fares, and delay information can be found at their website, wmata.com.
Rain Policy: Matches are played rain or shine. The match may be delayed in the event of lightning or other dangerous weather-related situations. Guests will be notified in the event of a disruption. Please note that umbrellas are not allowed into RFK Stadium.
Ramps: There are ramps throughout the concourse of RFK Stadium leading up to the 300 level seating sections, mezzanine, and 400 level.
Recycling: The Department of Waste Management, in conjunction with Events D.C., offers recycling receptacles throughout the concourse of the stadium. The recycling containers can accept cardboard, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, mixed paper, and newspaper.
Re-Entry Policy: Guests may not exit and re-enter the stadium using the same ticket.
Resale of Tickets/Scalping: Resale of tickets is strictly prohibited by D.C. United and District of Columbia law. Anyone violating said law is subject to arrest and prosecution by the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department.
Restrooms: Restrooms are available throughout the inside of the entire stadium on all levels. All restrooms at RFK Stadium are accessible to persons with disabilities.
Security: For the safety and security of our guests, we ask everyone to adhere to the following policies:
- All persons entering the stadium are searched for prohibited items. This includes a thorough inspection of all jackets, coats, packages, bags, backpacks, and purses and any other containers brought to any of the stadium entry gates.
- Guests may not exit and re-enter the stadium using the same ticket.
- Guests should retain tickets in order to show them each time that they enter their assigned seating section.
- Guests should sit only in their assigned seat to avoid inconveniencing other guests. Offenders will be escorted from the stadium.
- Smoking is prohibited in all seating areas, concourses, and restrooms. Smoking is only permitted on the stadium ramps.
- Outside food and beverage is prohibited.
- Drums, drum sticks, and musical instruments are allowed in to the stadium provided they fit on a guest’s lap or at their feet and are not disruptive to surrounding guests. Any fan that brings a musical instrument will be required to sit in a designated supporter section.
Season Ticket Holder Entrance: Located at Gate A. Season ticket holders can show their membership ID card and gain exclusive access to RFK Stadium. This entry point includes complementary matchday programs, and on gate giveaway nights, will also include a select number of premium items for all season ticket holders.
Seating Policy: D.C. United is committed to providing a high-quality fan experience for all fans. D.C. United staff will check all tickets to seats to ensure each fan is seated in the proper location.
Signs, Banners & Flags: Signs, banners, and flags are permitted providing the item falls within the following guidelines and the ticketed seat of the guest is in one of the designated supporter seating locations:
- Item may not obstruct facility signage.
- Item may not contain or display any profane, offensive, graphic, obscene language, and/or pictures as determined by event management.
- Item is not taped, glued, or secured using an adhesive agent of any kind.
- The hanging of the banner, flag, or sign does not in any way damage the stadium walls, paint, railings, glass, or other stadium property.
- Item may not be constructed of wood, metal, or any other material that may cause harm to others as determined by event management.
- Item may not contain commercial or political messages of any kind.
- Item may not be used as a projectile.
If desired, a sign or banner may be attached to a holding device, provided it meets the following requirements:
The pole must be made out of a hollow ½ inch PVC pipe no longer than 5 feet long. Any pole longer than this must be pre-approved by management.
In the event that a banner, flag, or sign does not meet the above guidelines, guests should be prepared to discard the item or return the item to his/her vehicle. The item will not be stored, secured, or kept for return by RFK Stadium. Team management reserves the right to remove banners or signs that they deem incendiary or of provocative nature in the interests of fan and team safety.
Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in seating and hospitality areas. Smoking is only permitted in the open-air ramps of RFK Stadium.
Strollers: Strollers are permitted in all concourse areas of RFK Stadium. Strollers that are unable to fold up and fit underneath a seat must be checked at the Guest Services location behind section 307.
Suggestions: Guests looking to make suggestions and give feedback are encouraged to do so by e-mailing our customer service team at email@example.com
Tailgating: Use of more than one parking spot for tailgating will result in guests being charged for two (2) spaces. Please note that vehicles cannot obstruct driving lanes.
To ensure that each and every guest can enjoy the tailgating experience, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- When parking, please ensure that your vehicle is completely between designated lines.
- Parking permits are to be used for vehicles only, not for additional tailgating space or storage.
- Be considerate of other guests and their vehicles.
- For the safety of all guests and for emergency vehicle access, please keep aisles and driving lanes clear.
- Dispose of trash in proper receptacles.
- Prior to exiting, be sure to extinguish all grills or flames properly (i.e. water, dirt, ice, etc.)
- Do not place a hot grill underneath a vehicle, or on grassy areas.
- The District of Columbia requires a permit for any tent greater than 10’ by 10’. For permit information, please visit www.dcra.dc.gov.
Taxi Cabs: Taxi cabs are available near Lot 3, across from Main Gate.
Team Store: The official D.C. United Team Store is located at Main Gate behind section 317. For more information related to D.C. United merchandise, see “Merchandise and Apparel” or visit dcuteamstore.com.
Televisions: D.C. United and RFK Stadium provide televisions at certain seating locations, as well as in the concourse, for the convenience of our guests.
Ticket Services: For any and all ticket-related issues, please visit our Entry Services windows (7 & 8) by the Main Gate Box Office on game days.
Umbrellas: D.C. United and RFK Stadium do not allow umbrellas inside of the stadium. There will be public receptacles available for any umbrellas brought to the gate. Guests leaving their umbrellas in these areas do so at their own risk.
United for D.C.: United for D.C. is the charitable arm of D.C. United and focuses on service to at-risk youth within the Washington D.C. area. This is accomplished through three major programs. The charity operates the United Soccer Club, United Reads and Kicks for Kids programs to emphasize the importance of childhood literacy, physical activity, providing services, curriculums, and positive role models. For more information, please visit unitedfordc.org.
Ushers: Ushers are stationed throughout the stadium in order to enforce all rules and regulations related to our events. Guests are asked to treat all ushers with courtesy and respect, in order to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment. Ushers are also in place to answer any questions related to the event, and should be contacted in the event of an emergency.
Visiting Team Fans: D.C. United welcomes fans and supporters of visiting teams throughout MLS. Visiting fans are guests of D.C. United - harassment of the visiting team or their fans will not be tolerated, and may result in ejection from the venue.
Weapons and Firearms: Weapons and firearms are prohibited at RFK Stadium, except for law enforcement personnel with licenses to carry them. Law enforcement officials must register their weapon with gate security prior to entering the facility.
Will Call: D.C. United’s Will Call window is located at Main Gate (off of East Capitol Street).
- Guests looking to pick up tickets left for them at Will Call must present a valid photo id for confirmation purposes. Photo ID must match the name on the ticket envelope. To change a Will Call name, please contact D.C. United at 202-587-5000 in advance of the match.
- Fans looking to drop off tickets for late arriving guests can fill out a Will Call envelope and leave the ticket(s) at the box office window with a box office staff member.
- Player/VIP Will Call is located to the right of the main box office at window #4.
- Will Call will stay open until the 80th minute of the game.
Youth Activities: D.C. United offers a wide variety of youth activities for sale for each D.C. United home game. These activities are as follows:
- Player Escorts - Two (2) youth sports teams are needed each game to ‘escort’ D.C. United and the visiting team on to the field. Each child will be matched with a member of the starting 11 to walk on to the field for the national anthem. Each child will also receive a D.C. United Replica kit as part of the package to wear on the field. Ages 6-14 yrs old.
- Flag Carriers - Several youth teams and groups of children are able to present the American flag on the field during the pre-game ceremonies. These groups will also have the chance to watch the teams warm up from field level. Ages 10 to 16yrs old.
- High Five Tunnel - A number of youth teams and groups of children are able to greet and ‘high-five’ the first team as they walk on to the field during the pre-game ceremonies. These groups will also have the chance to watch the teams warm up from field level. Ages 6 to 14yrs old.
- Ball Kids - D.C. United requires 12 ball kids to help constantly keep a ball on the playing field for the teams during the game. MLS league rules require participants to be at least 16 years old. Ball kids are provided with a t-shirt and a meal.
If you are interested in having your child, or your child’s youth team, participate in one of D.C. United’s youth activities, please contact us at (202) 587-5000 and ask to speak to a group sales representative.