D.C. United has a two-fold obligation: winning championships and serving the community. D.C. United Community Stars is an initiative designed to further support our commitment to the community by recognizing and supporting organizations and individuals for their contributions to communities in the Washington, D.C. area.
D.C. United Community Stars is open to any person who demonstrates leadership, compassion, dedication and a commitment to make their community a better place! Any person, regardless of age, within the D.C. Metropolitan area is eligible for consideration. The D.C Metropolitan area includes Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and Southern Maryland.
- Anyone can nominate an individual by submitting a nomination form to D.C. United either by mail or online.
- Nominations are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the MLS regular season.
- A winner will be chosen for each D.C. United home game and posted on dcunited.com.
Each winner will receive:
- Four tickets to a pre-selected D.C. United home game,
- A fan pack including D.C. United promotional items,
- On-field recognition for their community contributions.
Additionally, winners representing a non-profit organization will also be offered a select number of buy-one, get-one, free tickets for use by the non-profit organization.