Academy Coaching Internship
Candidates must be available to work throughout the Winter (December-March). Applicants available to commit full time are preferred, but part time candidates will also be considered.
The Coaching intern will work closely with the Academy and Camps coaching staff, Youth Development Manager, and Camp Manager. This individual's primary role will be in assisting D.C. United's coaching staff with training preparation and on field instruction, in addition to the responsibilities listed below:
- Coaching support at our camps
- Marketing and promotion
- Camp logistic Support
- Equipment inventory administration
- Game-day operations (Seasonal)
- 6-10 hours per week (December-March 10th.) Camp site and home game site.
- Transportation to and from D.C. United offices at RFK Stadium, The nZone in Chantilly, VA and API in Gambrills, MD.
- Previous coaching and playing experience
- Strong organizational and people skills
- High energy – enthusiasm for the game and teaching
- Ability to work in a team environment, achieve specific goals, and be timely
- Set-up & Take down of events at the stadium through Operations Department
- Pass out business cards, flyers, free t-shirts
- Work Pre-game Booth at the VW Garage to promote Camps & Academy
Pre-Camp: Equipment organized
- Daily Camp set-up (coolers, equipment, check-in)
- Coaching support
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Kendra Hansen (Camp Manager) at email@example.com.
In your cover message please answer the following questions:
1. Do you have housing available in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area?
2. Will you be able to transport yourself to and from sites?
3. What is your availability?
Deadline: December 5, 2012.