Hall of Tradition Protocol
In order to be eligible as a former player, an individual must have met the following criteria:
- Retired as a player for at least two years, but no more than 10 years.
- Played at least three seasons for D.C. United and appeared in 50 or more League games.
In order to be eligible in a coach or management capacity, an individual must have made his/her mark in a non-playing capacity and had a major, sustained and positive impact on the club for an extended period of time. Candidates must be at least 50 years of age (posthumous candidates may be considered as an exception) and deemed to have contributed at the requisite level for a minimum of three years as a coach or five in a front office capacity. Due to the broad general nature of the criteria, additional nominations may be considered.
The Nomination Committee consists of all club ownership (33.33%), club management (33.33%) and playing alumni (33.33%).
United Communications Department will keep a list of all former players that meet election criteria, as well as any additional nominees. The list will be presented to the Nomination Committee above prior to the start of each season. From this list, as many as four candidates will be selected and submitted to a final fan vote (options include on-line balloting and in-store voting through a D.C. United sponsor).
Following the voting process, results will be tabulated and, if a 50% minimum vote is achieved, one individual will be selected for inclusion in the Hall of Tradition each season. The Nomination Committee retains the right to vote non-playing personnel directly into the Hall of Tradition.
- Geoff Aunger (eligible 2004-2011)
- Josh Gros (eligible 2010-2017)
- Brian Kamler (eligible 2008-2015)
- Roy Lassiter (eligible 2005-2012)
- Carlos Llamosa (eligible 2010-2017)
- John Maessner (eligible 2004-2011)
- Tom Presthus (eligible 2006-2013)
- Mark Simpson (eligible 2004-2011)
- AJ Wood (eligible 2004-2011)
ADDITIONAL CURRENT NOMINEES
- Scott Garlick (eligible 2009-2017)
- Freddy Adu
- Bobby Boswell
- Marc Burch
- Brian Carroll
- Bobby Convey
- Luciano Emilio
- Alecko Eskandarian (eligible 2013-2020)
- Christian Gomez
- Dema Kovalenko
- Devon McTavish
- Jaime Moreno (eligible 2013-2020)
- Bryan Namoff (eligible 2013-2020)
- Ryan Nelsen
- Ben Olsen (eligible 2012-2019)
- Troy Perkins
- Mike Petke (eligible 2013-2020)
- Brandon Prideaux (eligible 2012-2019)
- Santino Quaranta
- Nick Rimando
- Tony Sanneh (eligible 2012-2019)
- Clyde Simms
- Carey Talley (eligible 2013-2020)
- Bruce Arena
- Peter Nowak
- Thomas Rongen
- Tom Soehn
- Mario Gori (eligible 2003-2010)
As of February 2011