MLS Regular Season
After D.C. United’s schedule was released, we decided to take a closer look and highlight some things you might have missed if you were just glancing through. One thing is consistent with this year’s schedule: it provides all United fans great opportunity to catch their club at RFK Stadium. Instead of multiple mid-week games last year, D.C. United only plays once on a Wednesday at home. Most home games are on Saturdays, and have an earlier time-slot at 7:00 instead of 7:30 (for non-nationally televised games). Check out more on the schedule below:
- D.C. United plays on national television 12 times throughout the year. Two of those games are on NBC (D.C. United has two of the three games on the NBC network this year).
- D.C. United plays five games in June and August, while the Black-and-Red play four games in the months of March, April, May, July, September and October.
- D.C. United ends the season with six Eastern Conference foes (New England, Toronto, Chicago, Philadelphia, Kansas City, and Houston), three are on the road and three are at RFK.
- The Black-and-Red play on NBC twice, ESPN2 once, NBC Sports Network six times, and UniMas three times.
- Rivalry week: Week three of the MLS season is rivalry week with D.C. United facing off against its Eastern Conference rival, the New York Red Bulls.
- Mark your calendars: D.C. United will play against the 2012 Supporters Shield winners San Jose Earthquakes at home on 6/22 at 7:00pm and play against the regular season Eastern Conference Champions Sporting Kansas City at home on 5/19 at 5:00pm.
- Beat the heat: Between June and September, where average temperatures and humidity in the nation’s capital soar, D.C. United has no games during the daytime.
With an array of family and budget friendly ticket packages, from season tickets to a four-game entry package, it's never been easier to be a part of the Black-and-Red. Buy your season tickets, half-season tickets, or four-game plans today HERE.