U-18 Academy Team
Tryout dates will be announced in the Spring. Please check back to dcunited.com
- Current Roster
- Schedule & Results
- Participate in USSDA League play and have the chance to play in 2 national events (Winter Showcase and Summer Playoffs/Showcase)
- Players train year-round, 3 to 4 times a week, in a professional environment with the goal of helping each player reach their full potential.
- Professional staff, licensed coaches and certified athletic trainers.
- US Soccer Technical Advisors and college coaches are encouraged to attend training sessions to scout our players.
- Training sessions are held at D.C. United's Training Complex at RFK Stadium and other locations in the DMV area.
- Players receive professional training gear, travel gear, and uniform management by staff.
- All Academy players receive a RFK credential that will allow them to attend all home D.C. United regular season and playoff matches.
- Player physicals are conducted by the same doctors that treat the club's first team.
- $1,500 player fee - helps offset costs associated with coach, athletic trainer, and field rental fees; training and travel gear; transportation, meals and lodging (when needed) for league and national events; and credential.
- Scholarships available on an as needed basis (scholarship application and supporting documents must be received to be considered).
- 9 National Team call-ups (U-14 to U-18)
- 20 players called up to play in MLS Reserve League matches for United
- 22 college commitments in 2011/12