D.C. UNITED ACADEMY SCOUTS WILL ...
- Communicate with State/Club Technical Directors about the scouting program so that the information can be passed onto their coaches.
- Identify events that scouting will take place.
- Observe players and report back to D.C. United's Head Scout/Academy Director.
- Communicate with Technical Directors on when a player will be contacted to begin their Academy process.
PROCEDURE FOR CONTACTING A PLAYER
- Player’s Technical Director or Coach is contacted, after the player is scouted and identified.
- Player’s family is contacted by D.C. United.
- Player is invited to an Academy Team training session (at a convenient time that does not conflict with club commitments). This will begin their Major League Soccer development process.
- Player is asked to continue with their current club until the end of their season, but is welcome to attend Academy training sessions.
- D.C. United and the player will determine the appropriate next steps.
RELATED: To make our staff aware of your interest in the Academy, please complete our online scouting request form.
Head of Scouting Program